MERU (Medical Engineering Resource Unit) is part of the QEF family of charities and aims to improve the lives of disabled children and young people through the loan or design of unique equipment. Our products offer children the opportunity to learn and interact with their environment and our vision is to see all disabled children, young people and their families living life to its full potential.
The Workshop Technician post will be responsible for manufacturing MERU products and will assist volunteers working on MERU product assembly within the workshop. Your role will be to:
- To manufacture and recondition Bugzis, a powered wheelchair for children aged under 5
- To manufacture and assemble MERU’s range of products for sale.
- To work with the other Workshop Technician to support volunteers and students engaged in the assembly of MERU products.
- To ensure that all products are manufactured in line with MERU’s quality system
- To work with the MERU Design Lead to optimise quality and efficiency across the production process
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
• A comprehensive induction programme
• Extensive training and development
• Support for Care apprenticeships
• Life Assurance
• Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
• Westfield shopping discounts
• Employee assistance programme
• Free on-site parking
• Paid breaks
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
• Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
• Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• Being an active team player.
• Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job.
Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.
Visit https://qef.org.uk/jobs/current-vacancies for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
Mary Mickle, HR Business Partner, would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat before applying. Get in touch on Mary.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01372 841 100.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW.