The Workshop Assistant will provide manufacturing support to the MERU team by helping to adapt battery operated toys to be accessible for disabled children, assembling products and preparing orders for shipping
A great opportunity to be a key part of a small team dedicated to creating products to give disabled children and young people choice and independence. You will work closely with our small team to adapt toys, giving disabled children the chance to play independently. The role includes supporting the team to dispatch orders and assemble other MERU products.
• You’re good at soldering and enjoy making things
• You will enjoy working as part of a team and supporting the team to achieve
• You will have a keen eye for detail and insist on maintaining quality
• You are keen to learn new skills and processes
• You value working with people from different backgrounds and with different abilities.
• You celebrate the achievements of the team and are able to work flexibly to ensure the team succeeds.
• Our Values and Behaviours inspire you.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
• Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
• Free on-site parking
• Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
• Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
• Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• Being an active team player.
• Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
• QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
• We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
• Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage
• Visit www.qef.org.uk/jobs/current-vacancies for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.