THERAPY SUPPORT WORKER
- To assist the residents with breakfast.
- To assist the therapists in the care and treatment of the residents.
- To assist in the day to day running of the therapy department.
- To assist with the support of residents during breakfast including set up and assisting residents to eat.
- To assist senior colleagues within the department with treatment of residents.
- To prepare clients and treatment area in readiness for sessions. To assist clients at the end of sessions and replace equipment etc.
- To provide personal care to the residents you are supporting within therapy.
- Under guidance from senior colleagues, to complete simple exercise routines with individual residents and assist or run simple group sessions.
- To assist in a variety of physical activities and sessions within the Centre.
- To assist with over-seeing the equipment needs of clients, liaising with outside agencies, as necessary, to arrange for repairs/quotes for new items.
- To complete the Care Certificate within twelve weeks of joining QEF (provided and facilitated by QEF).
- You are passionate about your area of work
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and patient with a positive outlook
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
- Childcare vouchers
Click here for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
If you would like an informal discussion before applying contact Hazel Drye Hazel.Drye@qef.org.uk. This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.