TEAM SUPERVISOR - THE OPPORTUNITY
In this role you will be leading a shift and supporting a team of Support Workers by working together to create a safe and caring environment where each individual is supported in all aspects of personal care and daily living skills.
You will provide line manager duties to a group of support workers under the direction of assistant managers, deputising in their absence.
- A Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or be willing to undertake a Lead Adult Care Apprenticeship
- Experience of working with people with physical and/or learning disabilities
- A thorough understanding of key principles such as Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties Act
- Previous line management experience would be advantageous
- You have a caring and friendly disposition
- You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care.
- You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
- You are a team player but can also work independently
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You will gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Don't just take our word for it see what some of our people have to say about the roles and working at QEF https://qef.org.uk/work-us/why-i-working-qef
In addition, you will receive:
- Holiday entitlement, 25 days per annum plus statutory holidays (FTE), with additional days gained for length of service.
- Pension, QEF is proud to make a contribution higher than its legal obligation for employees in the QEF Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance, A Life Assurance policy is paid for by QEF for all employees. This provides death in service lump sum payment of four times annual salary.
- Healthcare, employees are eligible to join the Westfield Health cash plan, which is funded by QEF at no cost to the employee.
- 24 hour employee counselling service.
- Shopping Discounts, employees can enjoy exclusive discounts from a wide range of high street shops and other suppliers, as part of their Westfield membership.
- Transport, 1.8 miles from Leatherhead main line station, trains direct to London Victoria and Waterloo. On demand bus service available from the train station.
- Free onsite parking.
- Training opportunities to complete your care certificate and level 3 qualification in health and social care.
- Discounted Meals when on shift.
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
Actively participating in learning, development, and feedback opportunities.
Promoting QEF's Equal Opportunities policy.
Being an active team player.
Being an ambassador of QEF's Values and Behaviours.
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job. Please contact HR at email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).