- Hours 37.5 hours (3 x 12.5 hour shifts)
- Salary £9.93 per hour / £19,368.60 FTE rising to £19,915.80 FTE after 1 years' service subject to performance
- Closing date Saturday, 31 October 2020
ContactContact address:Name: Hazel DryeEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 07771 575198QEF Care and Rehabilitation CentreWoodlands RoadLeatherheadKT22 0BN
Support Worker - Job Purpose
Do you want to be part of our expanding team?
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to support people in their rehabilitation journey?
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided. We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
Support Worker - The Opportunity
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone on their journey of rehabilitation.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team within our new state of the art, Care and Rehabilitation Centre. The service provides residential specialist care for people with complex physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional difficulties and rehabilitation care and support to people who are on the stroke pathway or as part of their neurological rehab pathway by helping them to gain independence.
As a Support Worker you will help clients and residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. Working to ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and working within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
Support Worker - About You
- You are able to work night shifts during the week, at the weekend
- You have a caring and friendly disposition
- You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care
- You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
- You are a team player but can also work independently
- Previous experience or a level 2/3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
Support Worker - Benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site parking
- Paid breaks
Support Worker – How to Apply
Click here for the Job Description and Person Specification.
Mary Mickle, HR Business Partner, would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01372 841 107.
You are encouraged to apply early as this opportunity may close early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).