- Hours Full time (37.5 hours FTE). Part time hours also available
- Salary £17,260 per annum (FTE) & pro-rata salary for part-time hours
- Closing date Friday, 30 August 2019
ContactContact address:Name: Amy WilliamsEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 01372 841170QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to enable people to have greater independence in their lives?
Now is an exciting time to join QEF as we look to move to our brand new state of the art care and rehabilitation centre opening in Leatherhead during Spring 2020.
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided.
We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
The Service and Job Purpose
At Independent Living Services we aim to provide high quality care and support. We are a 42 bed residential home based in Leatherhead for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional and social needs are met and they are treated with respect and dignity.
About the role
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone on a shopping trip or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment.
Our Support Workers help residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. They ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and work within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
- An individual who has a caring and friendly disposition and is passionate about providing good quality care
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and an ability to build appropriate relationships and understand professional boundaries.
- Ability to work with a person centred approach
- A level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care subject or experience of working in a similar setting would be desirable but not essential.
- An individual who is a team player but also able to work independently.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Transport offered to and from main train station
- Paid breaks
For more information
Click here for a Job Description and Person Specification. For more information please contact Amy Williams, HR Business Partner, for an informal chat or to arrange a tour of the service.