- Hours Part time breakfast shift working either 8.30am to 12pm or 9am to 12pm
- Salary £9.03 per hour rising to £9.28 per hour after 1 year's service subject to performance
- Closing date Friday, 31 July 2020
ContactContact address:Name: Amy ClaridgeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01372 841170QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
Do you want to be part of our expanding team?
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to enable people to have greater independence in their lives?
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided. We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
Support Worker - About the role
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone on a shopping trip or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment.
You will be working in a service provides residential specialist care for people with complex physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional difficulties by helping them to gain independence.
As a Support Worker you will help residents and clients with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. Working to ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and working within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
Support Worker – About You
- No previous care experience is required - full training will be provided
- You have a caring and friendly disposition
- You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care.
- You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
- You are a team player but can also work independently
- Previous experience or a level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Support Worker - Benefits
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Transport offered to and from main train station
- Paid breaks
We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
Support Worker – How to Apply
Click here to view the Job Description.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job.
Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.