- Hours 40 hours per week (FTE) (shift work)
- Salary £23,709.50 per annum (FTE)
- Closing date Friday, 15 November 2019
ContactContact address:Name: Amy WilliamsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01372 841100QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
To provide the highest standard of person centred care and support in the residential service for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional and social needs are met and they are treated with respect and dignity.
Under the direction of the Registered Manager/Team Leader to assist with the day to day operational management of the service including people management and ensuring compliance with all legislative and organisational standards.
About the role
- To lead the day to day running of the shift ensuring residents’ care needs are met and correct staffing levels are maintained
- Support and manage a team of Support Workers in accordance with policies and procedures
- To ensure implementation of appropriate systems and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and contribute to the continuous improvement of the service
- To ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs
- To ensure the safety of residents in terms of moving and handling, medication practices and risk management
- You will have a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar.
- You will have a minimum of 1 year’s experience of working with people with physical and/or learning disabilities and knowledge of person centred care and support
- You will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and experience of managing a staff team particularly around supervision, appraisal and performance management
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Transport offered to and from main train station
- Care apprenticeships offered
To view the job description please click here.
To apply please click the how to apply link for further details.