- Hours 37.5 hours per week (shift work) (FTE)
- Salary £20,207.07 per annum (FTE)
- Closing date Sunday, 10 November 2019
ContactContact address:Name: Amy WilliamsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01372 841100QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
Can you make a difference?
Leading a shift to ensure we provide quality care and support for residents with physical and/or learning difficulties in our Independent Living Service. Everybody works together to enable people live independent and fulfilled lives and this role is essential to ensure both residents and colleagues matter.
This is an exciting time to join QEF as we move towards relocating our current residential services to a new state of the art Care and Rehabilitation Centre in Leatherhead, during Spring 2020. This is an excellent opportunity for a caring and ambitious person to join QEF.
About the role
To assist in the day to day operational management of the service to provide the highest standards of person-centred care with respect and dignity.
Leading by example to ensure:
- residents are supported in their daily lives, undertaking all aspects of personal care
- their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- support plans and risk assessments are completed
- safe practices in medication, moving and handling and risk management take place
- effective induction, supervision and performance monitoring of support workers
- all legislative and organisational standards are met
- stakeholders such as medical professionals and families are liaised with
You will have experience of residential care with a Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification and a desire to motivate others deliver an excellent service.
You will be:
- a positive team player with a can-do attitude
- caring and patient
- an excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- able to build and develop professional relationships
- flexible, reliable and able to work shifts
QEF offers some fantastic benefits which include the following:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- further development and opportunities for internal promotion
- paid breaks
- pension and life assurance
- childcare vouchers
- Westfield Healthcare cash back plan and high street discounts
- free onsite parking
- transport offered to and from Leatherhead train station
A full job description and person specification is available by clicking here.
Please contact Amy Williams, HR Business Partner on 01372841170 or email@example.com for an informal discussion or to arrange a tour of the services.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced DBS with adults barred list check (at the cost of QEF if you are not a member of the update service).
This role may close earlier than the closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received, you are therefore advised to submit your application as soon as possible.