- Hours 37.5 hours per week (FTE) (bank and part-time considered)
- Salary £17,260 per annum (FTE)
- Closing date Friday, 30 August 2019
ContactContact address:Name: Carmel FergusonEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01737 356222QEF Neuro Rehabilitation ServicesBrain Injury CentrePark RoadBansteadSurreySM7 3EE
We are pleased to announce that QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services is looking for Rehabilitation Assistants (Health Care Assistants) to join the existing team.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Nurses and Senior Rehabilitation Assistants, this role is responsible for delivering nursing & rehabilitation support to a high standard that is compatible with the aims, objectives, policies and procedures of Neuro Rehabilitation Services.
- Actively participate in the implementation of Care Plans and therapeutic guidelines in order to enable clients to achieve maximum ability, independence, health and self-esteem.
- Work alongside our multi-disciplinary team to ensure a person-centered approach to rehabilitation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- To work with therapists/team members to ensure optimum cognitive, social, emotional, physical and functional recovery.
- To assist in maintaining morale of clients by communication and contact - achieved by talking, and working with them.
- To monitor the physical and emotional well-being of all clients in order to be aware of changes and to alert senior colleagues as necessary.
- Provide a high standard of personal care to clients in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- To ensure that rehabilitation goals, strategies and procedures are implemented and reinforced throughout the 24 hour period.
- To work as an effective member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Positive attitude towards people with disabilities.
- Commitment to a flexible approach to the work role.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to acknowledge limitations and ask for supervision as necessary.
- To be prepared to develop further training and knowledge beyond the basic requirements of the position.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Incentive scheme for relevant qualifications and length of service
- Uniform provided
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
Click here to view the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion please contact Carmel Ferguson, Head of Nursing & Rehabilitation, E. email@example.com. T. 01737 356 222.
Please note that whilst we are currently based at our service in Banstead (SM7 3EE), we will be relocating to our new care and rehabilitation centre in Leatherhead (KT22 0BN) during Spring 2020.
Please note that vacancies may close earlier than the stated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received. If you wish to apply for a position, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.