- Hours 37.5 hours per week (FTE)
- Salary £26,298-£31,379 per annum (FTE) (depending on experience)
- Closing date Sunday, 31 March 2019
ContactContact address:Name: Paul GrahamEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 020 8770 1151QEF Mobility Services1 Metcalfe AvenueCarshaltonSurreySM5 4AW
Endorsed by the Department for Transport, QEF Mobility Services are one of the UK’s top 3 providers and, complete over 1,000 mobility assessments each year. They also provide advice and training with adaptations and solutions to ensure maximum mobility. Driving Ability Assessments objectively measure the capability to drive safely; suitable for those returning to driving, older people at licence renewal or those requiring clarification if there is any concern.
- To provide a quality assessment service for people with reduced mobility caused by disability, illness or age using occupation as the main medium of assessment and applying client focused principles. The range of assessments includes:-
- Driving Ability - objectively measuring the capability to drive safely.
- Car Adaptation – advising on controls, seating and vehicle access.
About the role
- Liaise with external agencies to assess for and arrange provision of appropriate equipment and adaptations to maximise independence. This includes private case managers and solicitors.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of internal/external training courses for professionals and others, and participate in the delivery of in-service training for staff.
- Understand the range of risks potentially faced by the service user both generic and occupationally focussed
- You will hold a diploma or degree in Occupational Therapy and be a member of HCPC
- Evidence of relevant post graduate courses/ continual professional development
- Membership of BAOT/COT
- Driver with full driving licence
- Trained in MoCA & Rookwood
- Post qualification experience of working with physical disability and neurological rehabilitation
- Click here to download a copy of the job description and person specification
- If you would like an informal chat about this opportunity before applying please contact Paul Graham, Senior Occupational Therapist E. firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 8770 1151
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
How to apply
- Please submit a QEF Application Form or your CV and covering letter to Paul Graham, Senior Occupational Therapist, E. email@example.com | QEF Mobility Services, 1 Metcalfe Avenue, Carshalton Surrey SM5 4AW
- To download a copy of the QEF Application Form click here
- Further details can be found on the 'How to Apply' page
Please note that vacancies may close earlier than the stated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received. If you wish to apply for a position, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible