- Hours 30 hours per week (37.5 FTE)
- Salary £23,964 to £26,141 per annum (depending on experience)
- Closing date Tuesday, 31 March 2020
ContactContact address:Name: Paul GrahamEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 020 8770 1151QEF Mobility Services1 Metcalfe AvenueCarshaltonSurreySM5 4AW
Endorsed by the Department for Transport, QEF Mobility Services is one of the UK’s top 4 providers and completes over 1,200 mobility assessments each year. We provide a variety of assessments, advice and training to people of all ages to ensure maximum mobility so this role would suit someone that is looking for a varied post requiring a variety of skills and knowledge within a multi-disciplinary team.
Occupational Therapist - Job Purpose
To provide a quality assessment service for people with reduced mobility caused by disability, illness or age using occupation as the main medium of assessment and applying client focused principles. The range of assessments includes: -
- Driving Assessment - objectively measure the capability to drive safely
- Car Adaptation – advising on controls, seating and vehicle access
- Wheelchair and scooter - independent assessment through trial of a variety of equipment
- Passenger assessment - independent advice on suitable equipment to remove or minimise the risks of manual handling to ensure safe and comfortable transfer of individuals and their equipment into a vehicle. This includes travel by air, bus, taxi and train.
Occupational Therapist - The Opportunity
This role includes working with DVSA approved driving instructors to assess learner driver’s ability to meet driving test standards and working with driving assessors to review driving ability for current driving licence holders with neurological conditions, age related changes, learning difficulty and mental health issues.
Liaise with external agencies to assess for and arrange provision of appropriate equipment and adaptations to maximise independence. This includes private case managers and solicitors.
Assist in the preparation and delivery of internal/external training courses for professionals and participate in the delivery of in-service training for staff.
Understand the range of risks potentially faced by the service user both generic and occupationally focussed.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced with children and adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
- You will hold a diploma or degree in Occupational Therapy and be a member of HCPC
- Evidence of relevant post graduate courses/ continual professional development
- Membership of BAOT/COT
- Driver with full driving licence
- Trained in MoCA & Rookwood
- Post qualification experience of working with physical disability and neurological rehabilitation
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
- Childcare vouchers
Click here to download a copy of the job description and person specification
If you would like an informal chat about this opportunity before applying please contact Paul Graham, Senior Occupational Therapist E. email@example.com 020 8770 1151
Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive enough applications.