- Hours 37.5 FTE (part-time considered) Rota runs 7 days a week and some weekend working will be required.
- Salary £19,290 FTE
- Closing date Friday, 10 July 2020
ContactContact address:Name: Mary MickleEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 01372 841108QEF Care and Rehabilitation CentreWoodlands RoadLeatherheadKT22 0BN
To lead the housekeeping team and ensure the efficient running of the housekeeping function within the service in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness in clients, staff and visitors’ areas.
Ensuring the service runs smoothly and to a high standard through:
- adherence to deadlines so that housekeeping tasks are completed on time
- infection control systems being in place and regularly audited and followed
- managing the devolved housekeeping budget
You will be working in our brand-new state of the art facility, an NHS service for patients who have been in other hospitals within Surrey, still requiring medical care and support who have transitioned to this provision.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor you will supervise a team of housekeeping assistants as they complete a range of cleaning and laundry tasks.
Previous supervisory experience is an advantage however experience not essential, as training will be given. Knowledge of commercial cleaning machinery such as carpet/floor cleaners, is desirable.
You will have an understanding of cleaning and chemical materials and how to use these safely and appropriately. You must also understand and follow infection control procedures to ensure a safe and hygienic environment.
- It is desirable you have previous experience of working in a hospital or care provision, though this is not essential
- You have a passion for good cleaning standards and hygiene
- You have experience or knowledge or infection control and health and safety procedures.
- You are a team player but can also work independently
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
Click here for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
We would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on HR@qef.org.uk / 01372 841 100.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
Please note this role works on a rota running 7 days a week and some weekend working will be required.