- Hours 37.5 FTE (Part time working across 7 days on a rotating shift pattern (this will include early mornings and late evenings)
- Salary £8.99 per hour (£17,537 FTE)
- Closing date Saturday, 10 October 2020
ContactContact address:Name: Mary MickleEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01372 841144QEF Care and Rehabilitation CentreWoodlands RoadLeatherheadKT22 0BN
To provide an effective and thorough housekeeping provision in line with defined infection control and health and safety guidelines ensuring a clean and safe hospital and care environment.
As a housekeeper in our team you must have the ability to complete a range of cleaning tasks efficiently and to a high standard within en-suite bedrooms, communal bathrooms, and office/front of house space.
At times you may be expected to provide cover to the laundry facility, therefore able to operate laundry machines and ensure that a clean, well presented supply of clothes and linen is available at all times.
Training will be provided, but knowledge of commercial cleaning machinery such as carpet/floor cleaners, is desirable.
You will have an understanding of cleaning and chemical materials and how to use these safely and appropriately. You must also understand and follow infection control procedures to ensure a safe and hygienic environment.
This is an exciting time to be joining QEF, as the service has moved into the new state of the art, Care and Rehabilitation Centre in Leatherhead. This Centre will provide residential specialist care for people with complex physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional difficulties and rehabilitation care and support to people who are on the stroke pathway or as part of their neurological rehab pathway by helping them to gain independence.
- It is desirable you have previous experience of working in a hospital or care provision, though this is not essential
- You have a passion for good cleaning standards and hygiene
- You have experience or knowledge or infection control and health and safety procedures.
- You are a team player but can also work independently
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
Click here for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
We would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on HR@qef.org.uk / 01372 841 100.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).