Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of QEF’s purchase and sales ledgers, credit control and reconcile the banks across the QEF Group.
The role has one direct report and involves spending one day every two weeks advising NRS on purchasing and finance at our Neurorehabilitation Service at Banstead – expected to move to Leatherhead Court Spring 2020.
The Finance Assistant is to ensure all the QEF group bank accounts are reconciled and ensure the Balance Sheet Reconciliations are completed in a timely manner. Dealing with credit control in the care sector, where CCG’s and County Councils make up a significant proportion of the revenues, make this more challenging than the average credit controller will be used to. Preparing and processing the monthly BACS runs, preparing and posting journals at month end, getting involved with the audit at year end and having supervisory responsibility for the Payables Assistant places this role at the heart of the finance team who work really well together, in a challenging, but rewarding environment.
- You are passionate about your area of work
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
- You will have extensive experience of bank reconciliations and credit control, preferably having AAT lvl 3/4
- Knowledge of Dynamics GP would be advantageous, but not essential
- Previous experience in charity finance and having supervisory duties would also be an advantage
- You will have excellent communication skills, an ability to use your own judgment and be a real team player
- Due to the need to work at other QEF sites from time to time, you will need access to your own car to travel between locations
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be excellent Microsoft Skills, a strong analytical ability and be confident communicating effectively (written and verbally) to all levels within the organisation
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or in the shared services office at Leatherhead Court, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
- Childcare vouchers
Click here for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification.
Philip Kirk, Group Financial Controller, would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on Philip.email@example.com / 01372 841240.