Activities Coordinator - Job Purpose
To create and implement a stimulating and enriching activity and leisure programme, from organised hobbies to group events both in the home and community, which promotes choice and independence and enhances the quality of life of each individual.
Activities Coordinator - Role Responsibilities
- Identify the needs of the individuals and collective group and tailor the leisure and recreational activities and life skill programme to suit them
- Plan and organise a stimulating learning, leisure and recreational activity programme that will maintain interest and encourage participation, identifying any costs needed to implement the programme
- Seek out or create opportunities for the residents to play active roles in the local community
- Actively participate in the activities, both in the home and in the community
- Complete thorough risk assessments associated with the activities and take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of the residents
- Working as part of the multidisciplinary team, liaise with external agencies and attend annual reviews as required
- Undertake personal care tasks as required when working with a resident in the home or the community ensuring dignity is maintained at all times
- Maintain accurate, concise, up to date and timely records and reports as required by the service in electronic and hard copy, whilst maintaining confidentiality as appropriate
You are caring individual who is able to work well as part of a team and independently. You will be able to use your creative skills to plan and carry out an engaging activity programme and group activities for our residents.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Care apprenticeships offered
Being Part of QEF means:
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Being an active team player.
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
Please click here to view the job description and person specification.
We would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on HR@qef.org.uk / 01372 841 100.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
Apply Soon! This vacancy might close if a sufficient number of applicants are received.