QEF are seeking caring and passionate individuals to help us provide an integrated ‘person centered’ service within this unique role working within Neuro Rehabilitation. You will have the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team within our 48 bed, state of the art, Care and Rehabilitation Centre. The service also provides residential specialist care for people who are on the stroke pathway or as part of their neurological rehab pathway by helping them to gain independence.
- To assist the residents with breakfast
- To assist the therapists in the care and treatment of the residents
- To assist in the day to day running of the therapy department
- To assist with the support of residents during breakfast including set up and assisting residents to eat
- To assist senior colleagues within the department with treatment of residents.
- To prepare residents and treatment area in readiness for sessions. To assist residents at the end of sessions and replace equipment etc.
- To provide personal care to the residents you are supporting within therapy
- Under guidance from senior colleagues, to complete simple exercise routines with individual residents and assist or run simple group sessions.
- To assist in a variety of physical activities and sessions within the Centre.
- To assist with over-seeing the equipment needs of residents, liaising with outside agencies, as necessary, to arrange for repairs/quotes for new items.
- To complete the Care Certificate within twelve weeks of joining QEF (provided and facilitated by QEF).
- You are passionate about your area of work
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and patient with a positive outlook
- Holiday entitlement, 25 days per annum plus statutory holidays (FTE), with additional days gained for length of service.
- Pension, QEF is proud to make a contribution higher than its legal obligation for employees in the QEF Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance, A Life Assurance policy is paid for by QEF for all employees. This provides death in service lump sum payment of four times annual salary.
- Healthcare, employees are eligible to join the Westfield Health cash plan, which is funded by QEF at no cost to the employee.
- 24 hour employee counselling service.
- Shopping Discounts, employees can enjoy exclusive discounts from a wide range of high street shops and other suppliers, as part of their Westfield membership.
- Transport,1.8 miles from Leatherhead main line station, trains direct to London Victoria and Waterloo. On demand bus service available from the train station.
- Free onsite parking.
- Training opportunities to complete your care certificate and level 3 qualification in health and social care.
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage
We would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on HR@qef.org.uk.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW!
Click here for the full job description: