- Hours Various shifts across the weekend
- Salary £9.21 per hour
- Closing date Sunday, 31 January 2021
ContactContact address:Name: Hazel DryeEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 01372 841108QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to make a difference to others lives?
At QEF’s Independent Living Services we aim to provide high quality care and support. We are a 42 bed residential home based in Leatherhead for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional and social needs are met and they are treated with respect and dignity. No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided.
We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone at mealtimes or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment. As a Support Worker you will help residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. Working to ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and working within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
• Available to work weekends, to include both Saturday and Sunday
• An individual who has a caring and friendly disposition and is passionate about providing good quality care
. • Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and an ability to build appropriate relationships and understand professional boundaries.
• Ability to work in a person centred way
• A level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care subject or experience of working in a similar setting would be desirable but is not essential.
• An individual who is a team player but also able to work independently.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service
. • A comprehensive induction programme
• Extensive training and development
• Support for Care apprenticeships
• Life Assurance
• Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
• Westfield shopping discounts
• Employee assistance programme
• Free on-site parking
• Paid breaks
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
• Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities
. • Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• Being an active team player.
• Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job. Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.
Please click here for the full Job Description:
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service). HOW TO APPLY