- Hours Full time (37.5 hours FTE). Part time hours are also available
- Salary £17,961 rising to £18,468 after 1 years’ service subject to performance
- Closing date Friday, 30 April 2021
ContactContact address:Name: Hazel DryeEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 07771 575198QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
At QEF Independent Living Services we aim to provide high quality care and support. We are a 42-bed residential home based in Leatherhead for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional, and social needs are met, and they are treated with respect and dignity.
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided. We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone at mealtimes or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment. As a Support Worker you will help residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. Working to ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and working within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
- You can work night shifts during weekdays and at weekends
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and an ability to build appropriate relationships and understand professional boundaries.
- Ability to work in a person-centred way
- You hold either an A level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care subject or experience of working in a similar setting would be desirable but is not essential.
- You are an individual who is a team player but also able to work independently.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You will gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you will receive:
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years’ service
A comprehensive induction programme & Extensive training and development
Support for Care apprenticeships
Pension, Life Assurance
Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental, and complimentary therapy treatments) & Westfield shopping discounts
Employee assistance programme
Free on-site parking
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
Actively participating in learning, development, and feedback opportunities.
Promoting QEF's Equal Opportunities policy.
Being an active team player.
Being an ambassador of QEF's Values and Behaviours.
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job. Please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).