- Hours Full time (37.5 hours FTE). Part time hours are also available
- Salary £18607.56
- Closing date Monday, 31 January 2022
ContactContact address:Name: Hazel DryeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 07771 575198QEF Independent Living ServicesDorincourtOaklawn RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BT
At QEF Independent Living Services we aim to provide high quality care and support. We are a 42-bed residential home based in Leatherhead for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional, and social needs are met, and they are treated with respect and dignity.
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided. We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
Don't just take our word for it see what some of our people have to say about the roles and working at QEF https://qef.org.uk/work-us/why-i-working-qef
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone at mealtimes or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment. As a Support Worker you will help residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. Working to ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and working within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
- You can work shifts during weekdays and at weekends
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and an ability to build appropriate relationships and understand professional boundaries.
- Ability to work in a person-centred way
- You hold either an A level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care subject or experience of working in a similar setting would be desirable but is not essential.
- You are an individual who is a team player but also able to work independently.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You will gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you will receive:
- Holiday entitlement, 25 days per annum plus statutory holidays (FTE), with additional days gained for length of service.
- Pension, QEF is proud to make a contribution higher than its legal obligation for employees in the QEF Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance, A Life Assurance policy is paid for by QEF for all employees. This provides death in service lump sum payment of four times annual salary.
- Healthcare, employees are eligible to join the Westfield Health cash plan, which is funded by QEF at no cost to the employee.
- 24 hour employee counselling service.
- Shopping Discounts, employees can enjoy exclusive discounts from a wide range of high street shops and other suppliers, as part of their Westfield membership.
- Transport, 1.8 miles from Leatherhead main line station, trains direct to London Victoria and Waterloo. On demand bus service available from the train station.
- Free onsite parking.
- Training opportunities to complete your care certificate and level 3 qualification in health and social care.
- Discounted Meals when on shift.
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
Actively participating in learning, development, and feedback opportunities.
Promoting QEF's Equal Opportunities policy.
Being an active team player.
Being an ambassador of QEF's Values and Behaviours.
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job. Please contact HR at email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage.
Click for a copy the Person Specification.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service). All staff working inside a care home are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter the care home premises, unless they have evidence that they are medically exempt from the requirement (as set out in DHSC Guidance). If you haven’t had both doses of the vaccine, and are not exempt, you are still eligible for employment with us but your employment will be conditional on you agreeing to become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before working with us.