- Hours 14 hours per week PT (35 hours FTE)
- Salary £6,486.48 PT (£16,216.20 per annum FTE)
- Closing date Friday, 24 September 2021
ContactContact address:Name: Sue Shewry, Area ManagerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01372 841116QEF Retail TradingLeatherhead CourtWoodlands RoadLeatherheadSurreyKT22 0BN
QEF Retail Trading has a network of retail shops throughout Surrey and Middlesex that sell a wide range of donated goods (clothing, bric-a-brac, toys & games) all at bargain prices.
Assisting the Manager to maintaining high standards of shop presentation, actively helping to recruit volunteers and encouraging the general public to donate stock. Being part of a team achieving the sales target. Covering the manager’s day off.
About the role
- To work closely with the shop manager, undertaking specific duties as requested and deputising in his/her absence
- To ensure the shop operates effectively and achieve its maximum trading potential
- To maintain a high standard of presentation in the shop, ensuring that regular rotation of stock is carried out in line with current company procedures
- You are passionate about your area of work
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Previous experience of charity shop retail is desirable.
About the team
The shops are each run by a shop manager and supported by area managers and a great team of volunteers. In some locations a paid assistant is employed to deputise in the manager’s absence.
Being part of QEF means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Being an active team player
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
- Click here for a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification
- If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying for this role, please contact Sue Shewry, Area Manager 01372 841 116 / email@example.com
- Location: This role is a shop-based and we have social distancing measures in place to ensure that we work in accordance with latest Government guidelines and restrictions
How to Apply
- If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW by emailing a covering letter, together with either your CV or a completed QEF Application Form to Sue Shewry, Area Manager 01372 841 116 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- To download a copy of the QEF Application Form please visit the 'How to Apply' section of this website
- Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Disability Confident Employer
- QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
- Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage