We provide a range of specialised training courses for Health Care Professionals, Approved Driving Instructors, Suppliers, Car Dealers, Hotels, Airline companies, Leisure Industry, FE Colleges, Road Safety professionals and other charities from all over the country.
These professional courses have been running for over 25 years and are provided by our qualified and expert trainers who have had hands on invaluable experience.
For more information call us on 020 8770 1151 or email email@example.com
Supporting disabled people to travel by air - training for healthcare and travel professionals
Developed with support from British Airways, QEF are able to offer two unique training opportunities for professionals looking to support their disabled clients to travel by air.
1. The aircraft cabin
This one day course develops your practical knowledge of the aircraft cabin environment, so that you can support your clients with a disability or complex health need to achieve a comfortable flight.
We guide you through all aspects of being inside the aircraft cabin, to increase your knowledge and confidence when supporting your client in making their travel choices.
Join us with cabin crew as we explain:
- preparing for the flight
- booking assistance and support
- why the aircraft type can impact comfort
- seating locations in the cabin for disabled passengers
- essential cabin safety factors that may influence the flight
- the use of oxygen, ventilators and medical equipment
- the sensory environment of the cabin and strategies for managing
- accessing the toilet and managing continence options
- options for boarding and disembarking the aircraft
- how cabin crew can help you during the flight
QEF Mobility Centre, 1 Metcalfe Ave, Carshalton SM5 4AN
Date and time:
Tuesday October 18th 2022
The course is one full day, commencing at 9:30 and closing at 16:00.
Cost per course: £250 + VAT, including refreshments, light lunch and certificate Spaces are limited.
Places are limited. Contact us to reserve your place by email firstname.lastname@example.org call 0208 770 1151
“Extremely informative, the breadth of knowledge I accumulated was brilliant”
“The combination of trainers was really useful as it gave a rounded view…Definitely worth attending”
2. The Airport Assistance Experience
This one day course develops your practical knowledge of the airport environment, so you can support your clients with a disability or complex health need to achieve a comfortable flight.
With the expert guidance of UK airports and their assistance providers, we provide a tour to increase your knowledge and confidence of the support available to achieve a smooth navigation of this environment.
Join us as we explain and show:
- The facilities available for passengers requiring assistance
- The processes of arrival, check-in, security and boarding
- The equipment and services used to make the journey comfortable
- How a wheelchair is loaded into the aircraft
- The duties and legal framework for UK Airports
- How passengers can prepare for flight
- How to book assistance and support
London Heathrow, with British Airways
You will require a Passport or UK Driving Licence and must complete security checks in advance
Dates and times
Wednesday 19th October 2022
The course is one full day, normally commencing at 12.00 and closing at 20:00.
Cost per course: £250 + VAT, including refreshments, light lunch and certificate.
Places are very limited. To book your space contact us at email@example.com or call 0208 770 1151
Teaching disabled people to drive - Approved Driving Instructor 2 day course:
“I love giving people their independence back, by encouraging and coaching them to drive in a new way with adaptations. I found it lonely and isolating being a self-employed driving instructor, running my own business. I really enjoy being a contractor for QEF because I am part of a team and have a lot of support from other ADI’s” Val, ADI contractor with QEF’s Driving School
Are you a qualified driving instructor? Are you looking to expand your business and further your professional development? Join our 2 day course and learn the skills needed to teach disabled people to drive including:
- Disability awareness
- Considering physical conditions
- Effects of cognitive impairments
- Medical conditions
- Teaching techniques - physical disabilities, learning difficulties, hearing impairment
- Car controls
- Visual problems & testing vision
- Wheelchair seating, loading, management & stowage
- Driving tests and licences
- Information services
- Interaction with volunteers with differing disabilities
When: 10th and 11th October 2022
Where: QEF Mobility Services, Carshalton, SM5 4AN
Duration: 2 days
Cost: £300 +VAT inclusive of course materials, certificate, refreshments and lunch