These two courses develop your practical knowledge of the cabin and airport environments, so you can support clients with a disability or complex health need to travel by air with confidence and be comfortable during their flight. Both courses are CPD certified.
1. Navigating the Airport: Specialist advice to help clients with physical and hidden disabilities access air travel
We take you on an expert guided tour through a UK airport to increase your knowledge & confidence of the support available, so your clients can easily navigate this environment. Delivered with support from UK airports and airlines join us to find out more about:
- the support available for clients with disabilities at all stages of the airport journey
- the key touch points for clients when navigating the airport
- the legal principles of accessibility at airports and discern when this can impact your client’s journey.
- what resources are available, how to request them and where to find additional support.
- experience the environment so you can confidently support your client
Please note you will require a valid passport or UK driving licence.
“Brilliant, very informative, detailed and well thought out”
“It was so informative, thoroughly researched and the speakers and presenters were very knowledgeable.”
“I already had quite a good knowledge but now it has all been re-enforced, having been able to walk the trail myself.”
London Heathrow Airport with British Airways: 25 June and 15 October 2019,
Manchester Airport: 23 January 2020
Birmingham Airport: To be announced
2. In the Aircraft Cabin : Specialist advice to help clients with physical and hidden access air travel
Developed with support from British Airways, we guide you through all aspects of being inside the aircraft cabin to increase your knowledge and confidence. With a mock aircraft cabin, we explain aircraft cabin types, seating locations, the use of oxygen, ventilators and medical equipment, managing continence and the sensory environment of the cabin and strategies for managing this.
Supported by British Airways cabin crew, join us to find out more about:
- the support available for clients with disabilities and health conditions when boarding the aircraft and the duration of their flight from the UK.
- the key touch points for clients when flying on commercial aircraft and the protocols used on board to support passengers.
- the legal principles of accessibility in the aircraft cabin and discern when this can impact your client’s journey.
- how to plan for your client’s flight, locate resources from airlines and additional expert support.
- experience a mock cabin environment so that you can confidently support your client
“Extremely informative, the breadth of knowledge I accumulated was brilliant”
“It provides a pathway for people with a disability to travel by air”
“I thought the course was excellent…the combination of trainers was really useful as it gave a rounded view of all the issues involved. Definitely worth attending”
Surrey, QEF Mobility Centre: 11 July 2010
Leeds, William Merritt Disabled Living Centre, 12 November 2019
Cost per course: £145 + VAT inclyuding refreshments, light lunch and CPD Certification
All courses can be booked on our EventBright page.
Contact us for more information on email@example.com