TEAM SUPERVISOR - JOB PURPOSE
Do you want to be part of our expanding team?
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to help people on their rehabilitation journey?
You will help to deliver the day to day operational management of the service through a team of support workers, using your own expertise to motivate and role model the highest standards of person-centred care.
TEAM SUPERVISOR - THE OPPORTUNITY
In this role you will be leading a shift and supporting a team of Support Workers by working together to create a safe and caring environment where each individual is supported in all aspects of personal care and rehabilitation support.
You will provide line manager duties to a group of support workers under the direction of the Deputy Head of Nursing & Rehabilitation.
- A Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or be willing to undertake a Lead Adult Care Apprenticeship
- Experience of working with people with physical and/or learning disabilities
- A thorough understanding of key principles such as Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties Act
- Previous line management experience would be advantageous
- You have a caring and friendly disposition
- You are passionate about providing good person-centred quality care.
- You are an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
- You are a team player but can also work independently
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships and the care certificate
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site parking
- Paid breaks
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Being an active team player.
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
With effect from 11 November 2021, all staff working inside a care home are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter the care home premises, unless they have evidence that they are medically exempt from the requirement (as set out in DHSC Guidance). If you haven’t had both doses of the vaccine, and are not exempt, you are still eligible for employment with us but your employment will be conditional on you agreeing to become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before 11 November 2021.
Click here for a copy the Job Description and Person Specification would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on HR@qef.org.uk / 01372 841 108.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).