QEF are recruiting for a Housekeeping Supervisor in the Care and Rehabilitation Centre in Leatherhead.
To ensure the efficient running of the housekeeping function within the service in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness in clients, staff and visitors’ areas.
Ensuring the service runs smoothly and to a high standard through:
• adherence to deadlines so that housekeeping tasks are completed on time
• infection control systems being in place and regularly audited and followed
• managing the housekeeping budget
About the role
You will be working in our brand-new state of the art facility, an NHS service for patients who have been in other hospitals within Surrey, still requiring medical care and support who have transitioned to this provision.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor you will work on a rota basis and supervise a team of housekeepers as they complete a range of cleaning and laundry tasks.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor you will ensure infection control procedures to ensure a safe and hygienic environment and that cleaning and chemical materials are used safely and appropriately.
- It is desirable you have previous experience of working in a hospital or care provision, though this is not essential
- You have a passion for good cleaning standards and hygiene
- You have experience or knowledge or infection control and health and safety procedures.
- You are a team player but can also work independently
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
Being part of QEF means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Being an active team player
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
- Childcare vouchers
- Click here for a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification
How to Apply
- If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW by emailing a covering letter, together with either your CV or a completed QEF Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To download a copy of the QEF Application Form please visit the 'How to Apply' section of this website
- Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Disability Confident Employer
- QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
- Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage