- Hours Full-time (37.5 hours per week). Part-time considered for the right candidate
- Salary £31,365 - 38,403 FTE (Band 6) £38,892 – 45,468 FTE (Band 7)
- Closing date Friday, 30 April 2021
ContactContact address:Name: Alena JobsonEmail: email@example.comTelephone: 01372 841111QEF Care and Rehabilitation CentreWoodlands RoadLeatherheadKT22 0BN
An exciting opportunity for a Band 6 or 7 Speech and Language Therapist looking to make an impact on the lives of people with complex disabilities and those recovering from acquired brain injury or stroke.
As part of our existing SLT Team, you will work with our friendly, dynamic multi-disciplinary team, contributing to the wider success of these services.
In this role, your duties will include;
- The assessment and treatment of language, speech, swallowing and associated cognitive communication disorders, and
- The provision of training and advice to colleagues, families and carers for the holistic treatment and management of clients.
- Working as a member of QEF’s specialist multi-disciplinary team to ensure the effective provision of speech and language therapy services for clients with complex disability.
We are growing our neuro-rehabilitation and independent living residential services based in Leatherhead, Surrey. You will be part of an organisation with a rich history that is developing into the future.
The emphasis of the role will be in Dorincourt, our Independent Living Service (ILS) where you will provide speech and language services in a residential setting for client’s complex disability under the care of QEF. We are keen to support professional development and there is opportunity to gain experience, or develop existing skills, by also working in our neuro-rehabilitation service should this be of interest.
All staff participate in the key worker program for clients.
Your personal development will be supported with supervision, reflective practice, in-house training and CPD opportunities.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service)
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated Speech and Language Therapist with an interest in providing speech and language therapy services for clients with complex disability.
- You are passionate about your area of work
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
- You hold a degree or diploma in Speech and Language Therapy and up to date HCPC registration
- You are a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy and work within the scope of your professional guidelines
- You have post graduate experience and knowledge of a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions in the treatment and management of clients requiring physical and neuro rehabilitation and/or physical and learning difficulties.
- You have relevant experience in assessing and treating dysphagia and people with complex communication needs
- You have evidence of relevant post graduate courses, CPD and an up to date professional portfolio
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
Pension and Life Assurance
Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
Free on-site parking
Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
Being an active team player.
Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage. firstname.lastname@example.org
Alena Jobson, Lead Speech and Language Therapist, would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW!