- Hours 37.5 FTE
- Salary £17,961 rising to £18,468 after 1 years’ service subject to performance
- Closing date Wednesday, 13 October 2021
ContactContact address:Name: Hazel DryeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 07771 575198QEF Care and Rehabilitation CentreWoodlands RoadLeatherheadKT22 0BN
Support Worker (Rehabilitation & Personal Care)
About the role:
QEF are seeking caring and passionate individuals to help us provide an integrated ‘person centered’ service within this unique role working within Neuro Rehabilitaion. You will have the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team within our 48 bed, state of the art, Care and Rehabilitation Centre. The service also provides residential specialist care for people who are on the stroke pathway or as part of their neurological rehab pathway by helping them to gain independence.
To be Successful in this role you will possess the following:
- You will be willing to work in conjunction with our team of specialists to create a caring, safe and welcoming environment for our clients, ensuring their safety and welfare are our top priority.
- You will be willing to work according to the quality standards set by the Care Quality Commission and the QEF policy framework
- provide a high standard of personal care and daily living skills in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- You will have a caring and friendly disposition
- You will be an excellent communicator (speaking and writing) and can build appropriate relationships within professional boundaries
- Previous experience or a level 2/3 qualification in Health and Social Care or similar is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Why Join QEF:
QEF seeks to promote a culture of well-being and aims to be a place where staff are motivated to be proactive in managing their own well-being. We are proud to offer a range of benefits to support staff in this way.
The results of our Employee Benefits Survey July 2018 identified that the benefits we already offer are – in the main - the benefits staff want. The range includes financial and non-financial elements:
- Holiday entitlement, 25 days per annum plus statutory holidays (FTE), with additional days gained for length of service.
- Pension, QEF is proud to make a contribution higher than its legal obligation for employees in the QEF Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance, A Life Assurance policy is paid for by QEF for all employees. This provides death in service lump sum payment of four times annual salary.
- Healthcare, employees are eligible to join the Westfield Health cash plan, which is funded by QEF at no cost to the employee.
- 24 hour employee counselling service.
- Shopping Discounts, employees can enjoy exclusive discounts from a wide range of high street shops and other suppliers, as part of their Westfield membership.
- Transport,1.8 miles from Leatherhead main line station, trains direct to London Victoria and Waterloo.
- Free onsite parking
- Training opportunities to complete your care certificate and level 3 qualification in health and social care
We would love to hear from you if you would like an informal chat or visit before applying. Get in touch on HR@qef.org.uk.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service). With effect from 11 November 2021, all staff working inside a care home are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter the care home premises, unless they have evidence that they are medically exempt from the requirement (as set out in DHSC Guidance). If you haven’t had both doses of the vaccine, and are not exempt, you are still eligible for employment with us but your employment will be conditional on you agreeing to become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before 11 November 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW!
Click here for the full job description: