- Hours Full time and part time hours available
- Salary Competitive with Agenda for Change
- Closing date Thursday, 30 November 2017
ContactContact address:Name: Michelle GreyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01737 356222QEF Neuro Rehabilitation ServicesBrain Injury CentrePark RoadBansteadSurreySM7 3EE
At QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services (‘NRS’) we are proud to offer neurorehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation and transitional support for men and women age 18-65 after a stroke or other acquired brain injury. Our specialist multi-disciplinary team provides residential or outpatient therapies to those with physical, cognitive and/or communication disabilities, which may also include mild to moderate behavioural problems. We have a diverse range of one-to-one support programmes, tailored to help improve social and functional abilities as well as support for that important move home and back to education or work.
NRS is proud to be a chosen provider for the Training Nurse Associate Programme, providing two trainee nurse associates with a six month secondment to gain skills, knowledge and experience of working in neuro rehabilitation alongside a multi-disciplinary team of qualified physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and clinical psychologists as well as a team of experienced rehabilitation staff.
As one of our qualified nurses you will be part of our multi-disciplinary team, dedicated to the development and implementation of bespoke and highly-specialised treatment of neuro rehabilitation services.
Role - Responsibilities and opportunities
You will provide high-quality nursing through assessing, planning and evaluating care for all clients at QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services. Working with the Head of Nursing and Rehabilitation, you will develop your existing skills and experience by directing and supporting, by example and good practice, the work of our team of Rehabilitation Assistants. You will have responsibility for ensuring all aspects of the nursing management of clients are met and will be keen to ensure all care is provided in compliance with the National Minimum Care Standards and QEF policies.
Opportunities for professional development include working with our highly specialist multi-disciplinary team to develop general and specific rehabilitation strategies for clients and ensuring they are put into practice.
Recently awarded ‘Good’ in all five key domains by CQC, we are now charting our pathway to ‘Outstanding’. We are looking for nurses who would value the career development opportunities that this journey will provide.
- 1 x 37.5 hours per week (1 WTE) – Nights
- 1 x 12.5 hours per week (0.33 WTE) – Nights
- 1 x 25 hours per week (0.66 WTE) - Days
Hours are worked as three 12.5 hour shifts per week (to include paid breaks during the shift).
Being part of QEF means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities.
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Being an active team player.
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours.
- Develop knowledge and experience working with a specialist multi-disciplinary team.
- Involvement in the Trainee Nurse Associate Programme.
- Paid breaks and one free hot meal per shift.
- Compressed hours (full-time hours worked over three long shifts per week).
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Pension and Life Assurance.
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised on-site accommodation.
Click here to download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification: JD & PS
For an informal discussion please contact Michelle Grey, Head of Nursing and Rehabilitation, QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services: Michelle.email@example.com / 01737 365 222.
How to apply
Please download a QEF Application Form and submit your completed application, together with your CV, to Michelle Grey (as above). Click here to download a copy of our form: QEF Application Form