Car Adaptations for Healthcare Professionals
Module 5 – Introductions to Vehicle Adaptations
This course is designed for all Healthcare Professionals who are aspiring to expand their knowledge across all areas of disability and the way it affects car adaptations.
The aim of this module is to increase knowledge of a range of alternative vehicle controls. This is part of a graded course so active learning is encouraged and rewarded. O.T.’s will find the qualification’s blend of technical knowledge, practical expertise and insight, invaluable.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Apply knowledge gained immediately to the benefit of your patients
• Apply your practical experience of a range of vehicle controls
• Understand the implications of using various controls to a patient with differing disabilities
• Understand your rights and responsibilities as a service provider
• Apply your skills immediately and advertise your expertise
• Have a greater understanding of the restriction codes on driving licences and when licences are not valid for driving tuition
• Network with other O.T.’s for further advice on this subject
• Get a Certificate that will add a valuable endorsement to your CP
Duration 1/2 day
Cost £100 inclusive of course materials, certificate, refreshments and lunch.
Location QEF Mobility Services, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 4AW
(local accommodation list available)
When 14 November 2012 Time 9.30 - 12.30